Today for my “Fresh Friday” post I am beginning an experiment with the creation of my own energy/granola bars. Today I am making what I will call “Energy Jumble” because that’s essentially what it is. A whole jumble of delicious mostly organic ingredients all thrown together.
Here is my list of ENERGIZING ingredients:
1/2 cup King Arthur All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Pete and Gerry’s Heirloom Eggs (From our beautiful Heritage Breed Ameraucana Hens)
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (Woodstock Farms)
- 1 Tbs Spectrum Organic canola oil
- dash of salt
- a handful of Eden Organic Dry Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 bar of Liberty Chocolate-Raw chocolate, Almond Coconut (My adventure racing friend Jenny got me hooked on this chocolate)
- 1 handful of crushed Trader Joe’s Freeze Dried Bananas (Carefully imported to NH by my mom from her Trader Joe’s in Pennsylvania . . . oh Trader Joe’s how I love thee!)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×9 Baking Dish. Jumble all of the ingredients together while grooving to your favorite song using your spatula as a microphone and your toddler as your dancing partner. This is an especially important ingredient to help inject as much energy as possible into your energy bars.
Press your mixture into the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and gooey.
. . . And EAT, ENERGIZE, ENJOY, and RUUUUUUUUUN!!!!